It is easy to take care of your loved ones and completely forget about your pets. So the next time you protect yourself and your loved ones from mold infestation, asbestos and lead exposure, remember too that your dog and cat could be victims of the same hazard you dread. Sounds strange but some animals get more affected than others as far as exposure to some chemical substances is concerned. Read on to find out more about pets and asbestos.
Dogs and cats
The same way mesothelioma affects humans as a result of overexposure to mold is the same way it affects pets. The symptoms are the same. Several studies have revealed that dogs inhale asbestos from the clothes of their owners while cats inhale traces of the same from couch fabric. So the next time you see your dog or cat have difficulties to breath, talk to a vet as soon as you can. Then contact a doctor to have your lungs examined.
Most manufacturers of toys for pets hardly care about the chemicals used to manufacture the toys as much as they do when it comes for toys for toddlers. That explains why you have to be as careful when buying toys for your pets. That kitten collar should be safe for your cat. The decoy bone for your dog too should be lead free and asbestos free.
Malignant mesothelioma cannot be cured. That means you will spend money on your pet for regular treatment all in the name of managing the disease. You do not have to put up with such inconveniences when you can avoid them in the first place. Simply ensure your home is asbestos free. Ensure too it is lead free. Hire the right service providers to find traces and get rid of them. It is all about your health at the end of the day which is something you cannot afford to compromise.